For making Court marriages happen in Delhi NCR, it is important to go for Delhi Marriage registration. Many states have an offline process of Delhi Marriage Registration. However, Delhi has also started the online process of marriage registration. To opt for Delhi Marriage Registration, it is important to follow a procedure. To help you know more about the same, we have written about the Delhi Marriage Registration Form 2022 in this post. Delhi Marriage Certificate Download here on edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in.
Navigate To Content
- 1 Delhi Marriage Registration Form 2022
- 2 Delhi Marriage Certificate Download
- 3 Links For Delhi Marriage Certificate Download Registration 2022
Delhi Marriage Registration Form 2022
Nowadays, the Delhi government has started an online portal to help people register marriages online. It doesn’t mean that people cannot register offline. They have both the ways available to them. The applicants just have to take care of certain documents and a process. It is very important for the persons involved to follow certain requirements of the Constitution and the Delhi High Court. In this post, we shall tell you all information related to the Delhi Marriage Registration process. There are two facts to consider here. The first thing is that the couple can register under the Hindu Marriage Act of, 1955 and the second is the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Though the Hindu Marriage Act is applicable to those who is Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, or Sikh. However, for the Special Marriage Act, those partners who don’t belong to the same communities can register.
Delhi Marriage Registration Application Form 2022
Here, we would like to tell you about the Acts involved in the Delhi Marriage Registration process. The Special Marriage Act, 1954 was previously the Muslim Marriage Act, 1954. It’s on the shoulders of the judiciary to make sure that the rights of both partners are protected. Moreover, Special Marriage Act came into place to help partners get married regardless of religion, community, or faith. All those who wish to register under the Special Marriage Act have to complete a judicial process. Other than this, it’s very important to register the marriage for the couple because a lot of documents change after the marriage. Once the marriage takes place, the couple has to update some of the documents and for that, the authorities need the Delhi Marriage Registration or the Delhi Marriage Certificate Download.
In this post, we shall tell you about the processes involved in the Delhi Marriage Registration process. The basic eligibility required is that the female has to be above 18 years old and the male has to be of minimum 21 years of age. In addition to this, the partners have to have two witnesses each for the Hindu Marriage Act. On the other hand, for the Special Marriage Act, the partners should have three witnesses each. In this post, we shall tell you the required documents and the process involved.
Delhi Marriage Certificate Download
|Category||Delhi Marriage Registration Form 2022|
|Delhi Marriage Certificate Download||Link updated below|
|Benefits||Legal Document Availability|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of Delhi|
|Mode||Online and Offline|
Delhi Marriage Registration Documents Required
The documents have to be from the couple, as well as from the witnesses involved. As mentioned above, for the Hindu Marriage Act, a couple needs two witnesses. But, the Special Marriage Act, needs three witnesses. All these people need to have the below-mentioned documents.
Photo ID Proof- Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, Driving license, Ration card, PAN card, Passport, etc.
Date of Birth Proof- Birth Certificate, Aadhaar card, Hospital report, SSC certificate, driving license, Passport, etc.
Before Marriage Address Proof- Bank passbook, Water bill, Electricity bill, Gas bill, Rent agreement, Voter ID, Telephone bill, Ration card, Aadhaar card, etc.
Identity Proof- Aadhaar card, Voter card, Driving license, Passport, PAN card, etc.
Permanent Address Proof- Voter ID, Bank passbook, Electricity bill, Driving license, Gas bill, Rent agreement, PAN card, Water bill, etc.
For the Delhi Marriage Registration process, one has to pay Rs. 100 under the Hindu Marriage Act and Rs. 150 under the Special Marriage Act.
Online Process for Registration of Marriage in Delhi 2022
- Go to the E-district website of the Delhi government.
- Since you are visiting the Delhi Marriage Registration portal for the first time, you have to go to the New User option on the homepage.
- You will find this option under the Citizen’s Corner.
- Then, you have to select a document type from the screen. This can be either Aadhaar Card or a Voter ID.
- After tselcting, you have to enter the ID number and click on the box after reading the declaration.
- Then, go to the continue button that you see and finish your Delhi Marriage Registration process.
- After registering successfully, you get an ID. You can use this for the Registered User Login link.
- Here, visit the Apply for Services tab and then go to the Registration of Marriage link.
- Now, the couple has to click on teh apply link.
- After that, the person has to provide details like location, marriage date, personal details, witnesses, etc.
- Then, one has to update the documents and pay the fee.
- Now, the authority provides you an acknowledgement slip that has the date of registrar appointment.
- Finally, one has to visit the registrar office and obtain the Delhi Marriage Certificate Download.
Delhi Marriage Registration Offline
- For the offline method, one has to go to the Home and Community section on the website.
- Now, the person sees the Delhi Marriage Certificate Download and Delhi Marriage Registration option on the page.
- From here, the person applying has to visit the application form link for the Hindu Marriage Act. For the Special Marriage Act, one has to click on the Click here option.
- After that, download the application forms and fill them up.
- Then, the person has to carry the required documents mentioned above to the Sub-Divisional Magistrate office.
- Lastly, the authority verifies the documents and it fixes the date and issues a public notice for objections. If there is no objection, the date is fixed after 30 days.
Links For Delhi Marriage Certificate Download Registration 2022
|Delhi Marriage Registration Form 2022||Available|
|Delhi Marriage Certificate Download||Available|
Delhi Marriage Registration Form, Certificate Download 2022 FAQs
Yes, a couple can track their application status through the website of the E-district.
The E-district email ID is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, a couple can download the Delhi marriage certificate online through the website.