Anna University is the authority responsible for conducting the TNEA process. The University will conduct the admission for 2021 also. This process provides the students to take admissions into Engineering and Technology colleges. Thus, we would tell you about the TNEA 2021 Registration.
Navigate To Content
TNEA 2021 Registration
The first thing that the interested candidates should know is that the Anna University doesn’t conduct any entrance examination. You will get admission for Engineering and Technology courses in Tamil Nadu, based on merit. Therefore, the students who have higher marks in the required subjects will get admission easily. Also, this merit is prepared based on Class 12 marks of the students. For these students, the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions is a big opportunity to find a good career. This means that a lot of students will be applying for admissions. But, some of them won’t get admission. We told you the reason, as it is merit-based. However, all eligible candidates can apply for the B.E. and B.Tech. admissions in Tamil Nadu colleges.
TNEA Admission Dates 2021
Possibly, you could have got the admission notification so far. But, due to the delays that the nation is facing these days, the notification can be expected after a few weeks. Also, this year the Class 12 students have not appeared for the exams yet. Now, the Board is deciding upon how to conduct the Class 12 Board exams, after they got postponed in April 2021. The second wave has left everything at a stalemate and the authorities in a difficult situation to make a decision. However, now that the talks on conducting the board exams are going on, you can expect the exams to take place soon. After then only, there will be clear updates regarding TNEA 2021.
|Admission||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)|
|Entry for||Undergraduate Programs|
|Selection||Based on Class 12 Marks|
|Frequency||Once Each Year|
|Online Applications||July 2021 (Tentative)|
|Declaration of Result||August 2021 (Tentative)|
|Counseling||August 2021 (Tentative)|
tneaonline.org Eligibility 2021
Candidates, now that you have got the approximate dates regarding the Admission procedure, you must read about the eligibility too. The eligibility criteria are divided into domicile, age, and educational requirements.
- The applicants should belong to Tamil Nadu.
- Also, the candidates who don’t belong to the state can also apply, however, they should have completed Class 12 from the state.
- Furthermore, those candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu, but have not completed their Class 12 can also apply. But, they need to submit proof of residence.
- Those children whose parents are with working with the state government can also apply. Their parents must be serving the state government for more than five years.
- Lastly, the students whose parents are considered All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers can also apply.
- The age of students applying has to be between 18 years to 25 years.
- Also, certain categories have age relaxation.
- The major requirement is completing Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory subjects from a recognized board.
- For TNEA, the students should have a minimum of 50% marks overall.
Registration for TNEA 2021
After understanding the eligibility process, the next important thing is the registration process. To help you register properly, we have the registration procedure below.
- Go to the TNEA website.
- There, on the screen, you will find the Online Registration option.
- Visit the link and then complete the login procedure by creating an ID and a password.
- Once this much is done, Log in on the portal with these credentials.
- Then, complete the form in front by providing the academic and communication details.
- Now, go to the Preview tab and check the information that you have provided.
- After this, submit the form and take a hard copy for future reference.
- Also, to complete the application, pay the required fees by the portal which is Rs. 250 for Reserved and Rs. 500 for Unreserved.
TNEA Cut Off and Merit List 2021
The last but not the least important thing about the admission process is having information on the cutoff and merit list. We have already told you that there is no entrance test for admissions. The administration prepares a merit list based on the seats and marks scored by the students. Then also, not all students will qualify for admissions. There will be a few who won’t get the seats. Now, the administration sets a cut-off for this purpose. All those who have marks higher than this cut-off are considered eligible. Therefore, you can say that if you higher marks, you can get the seats. Also, this cut-off is decided by the authorities after they receive and check all the applications. Based on this cut-off by the Anna University, the students will get seats in various colleges.
To make the admission process easier, the University has set TNEA. It becomes a common ground for all students and for colleges to go ahead with undergraduate education. Now, to know about the TNEA 2021, you have to stay updated.
Links on TNEA 2021 Registration, Dates, Eligibility, Merit List, Cutoff
TNEA 2021 FAQs
There are approximately 10 B.tech. programs for the students who want to apply for the Undergraduate courses. These include Automobile Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Technology, etc.
Yes, Anna University has a Sports quota for students. There are many sports available like Sepak Takraw, Roller Skating, Soft Ball, Mallakhamb, Taekwon-do, Carom, Atya Patya, etc.
The upper age limit for TNEA 2021 is 25 years.