the Honorable Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee announced a new scheme of her government. She announced that her government will distribute under WB Free Tablets Scheme 2021 to Higher Secondary students. With the help of this West Bengal Free Laptop Yojana 2021, students will be able to take classes online in the academic session 2021-2022, as West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2021 was launched on 3rd December 2020.
We all know how education was disturbed during the lockdown and even after that, especially in the rural areas. While students in the urban and semi-urban areas could still take classes, students of rural areas had no access to smartphones to continue their classes. Keeping this in mind, the West Bengal government came up with the thought of distributing free tablets.
Navigate To Content
- 1 WB Free Tablet Scheme 2021
- 1.1 wb.gov.in Free Tablet Scheme 2021
- 1.2 West Bengal Free Tablet Yojana 2021: Important Dates
- 1.3 WB Free Tablet Scheme Eligibility Criteria 2021 (West Bengal State)
- 1.4 Benefits of WB Free Tablet Scheme 2021
- 1.5 WB Free Tablet Scheme Registration Form 2021
- 1.6 How to Apply Online for the Wengal Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2021?
- 1.7 Links To Apply For wb.gov.in Free Tablet Scheme 2021
- 1.8 FAQs Related to West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2021 Registration, Application Form, Eligibility
WB Free Tablet Scheme 2021
The government, however, has to make sure that there is good network connectivity in these rural areas. Tablets without a good internet connection would be of the least help to the children. The major beneficiaries of West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2021 are Class 12 children. Taking note of this, the government has planned to distribute more than WB Free 9.5 lakh tablets in the state. To know more about WB Tablet Scheme 2021, you can give the post below a read and not waste time West Bengal Free Tablet Yojana Apply Online 2021.
wb.gov.in Free Tablet Scheme 2021
All interested applicants must know the objective of wb.gov.in Free Tablet Scheme 2021. West Bengal government launched the WB Free Tablet Scheme to help the poor and BPL families. These families are the underprivileged ones in terms of resources like tablets and laptops for their children. In this post, we have talked about the required eligibility, benefits, opportunities, documents required, and the application process.
West Bengal Free Tablet Yojana 2021: Important Dates
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2021|
|Launched by||Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee|
|Beneficiaries||Class 12 students in government schools, Madrasas, and government-aided schools of West Bengal|
|Major Benefits||Free tablets to Class 12 students|
|Objective of WB Free Tablet Scheme||To help BPL and Poor families with resources|
|Scheme Under||State Government of West Bengal|
|Publishing Date of West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme||December 2020|
|Category of the Post||Scheme/ Yojana|
|Number of Beneficiaries||9.5 lakh students|
WB Free Tablet Scheme Eligibility Criteria 2021 (West Bengal State)
We know that many of you would be looking for ways to apply for wb tablet scheme. This is a great step by the government after all. But, can every poor family or a family with no smartphone avail of the benefits of wb free tablet scheme? Unfortunately no, not each such family can apply for this scheme. The families and the aspirants have to fulfill certain requirements set by the government. We have mentioned these requirements below.
- The interested candidate should be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- He must be a student of any government school or government-aided school or Madrasa in West Bengal.
- The candidate must be studying in Class 12 in the above-mentioned institutions.
- The annual income of the candidate’s family must be below or equal to Rs. 2 Lakhs.
- Lastly, it is important for the candidate to clear all previous classes.
Benefits of WB Free Tablet Scheme 2021
Apart from the benefits mentioned in the paragraphs above, West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2021 provides other benefits to the residents too. To know these benefits, you can give the points below a read.
- Around West Bengal 9.5 lakh tablets will be distributed throughout the state.
- 36000 government-aided schools and government schools will be provided with this facility.
- 14000 higher secondary schools and approx. 600 madrasas will be able to avail the benefits of wb tablet scheme.
- The Chief Minister of the state is also providing Dearness Allowance to the employees of the State Government from January 2021 onwards.
- The tablets will be provided till the students have completed their graduation.
WB Free Tablet Scheme Registration Form 2021
In addition to the information provided above, you should also know the opportunities where the students can get benefits. Besides, knowing more about west bengal tablet scheme will give you more insights into the opportunities of the future. We have mentioned the opportunities that come with WB Tablet Yojana 2021 below.
- The IT industry in West Bengal has grown up to 133% in the last eight years.
- Information technology exports went up by 175%.
- The state government on 1st December has cleared 2020 proposals to set up IT Offices at Bengal Silicon Valley Hub. This costs an investment of Rs. 3000 crore.
- An employment opportunity for 9000 IT professionals will be there.
- West Bengal currently has almost 2.1 lakh IT professionals and has over 1500 IT companies like Wipro, TCS, IBM, and Cognizant.
- Infosys has allotted 50 acres of land for the construction of a software development center in the state.
How to Apply Online for the Wengal Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2021?
To avail the benefits of West Bengal Free Tablet Yojana 2021, you can follow the steps mentioned below. These will guide you on the website.
- Visit the Official Website
The first step is to visit the official website of the scheme, i.e. wb.gov.in.
On the homepage, you will see the notifications section. Here, you will find the ‘WB Free Tablet Apply Online 2021‘ link. Click on it.
A form will open on your computer screen, wherein you have to fill in your personal details like name, age, gender, caste, father’s name, family income, etc., and also upload the required documents.
As soon as you submit it, the form will be completed and later you can wait.
Links To Apply For wb.gov.in Free Tablet Scheme 2021
FAQs Related to West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2021 Registration, Application Form, Eligibility
The documents required are an Aadhaar card, residence certificate, school ID card, address proof, a passport-sized photograph, address proof, scanned signature, and working mobile number.
The eligibility criteria have been mentioned in the post above. You can give it a read there.
Yes, the application process has started, so you can apply online to avail the benefits of the scheme.
Yes, the students have to be studying in Class 12 to get the tablets.