With the launch of FASTags, everyone makes toll payments through these tags. The government announced the launch on 1st December 2019. This comes under the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program of the government. Also, it has helped in reducing vehicular traffic at the toll plazas. Thus, the government came up with the idea of digital payments. To help you know more, we have talked about the FASTag Apply Online Process here. Apply For FASTag Monthly Pass on NHAI.
FASTag Apply Online Process
In order to reduce traffic at the toll plazas across the country, the Indian government made payments at toll plazas electronic mandatory. Even though the idea had been given earlier, the government launched FASTags from 1st December 2019 onwards. Talking about Fastag, it is a reloadable and simple-to-use tag that automatically deducts toll charges, as soon as the vehicle crosses the plaza. When a user registers for the tag, he links his bank account to the tag. Thus, a person driving the vehicle doesn’t have to stop at the plaza to make the payment. The respective amount of the toll is deducted from the person’s account. Also, you should know that the FASTags work with the help of Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. This is on the windscreen of the vehicle once the tag is active for use.
NHAI Fastag Monthly Pass
We would like to give you an insight into FASTag. It is a prepaid device for vehicles to travel across national highways. It uses RFID technology and as soon as the vehicle crosses a toll plaza, the money is deducted from the person’s account. This program is run by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway and comes under the National Highway Authority of India. Also, talking about the importance of FASTag, it is a method of Electronic Toll Collection (ETC). This rectifies the delays that the government faces and makes the National Highways Grid functioning more efficiently.
Even though the basic idea behind FASTag is reducing the traffic, we shall tell you some of the other reasons.
- One doesn’t have to keep money or change to pay at the toll plazas.
- It is one of the best forms of contactless payment and is safer.
- It is possible for a person to move on National and State highways easily.
- This also reduces carbon footprint and vehicular emissions.
- One doesn’t have to wait in long queues now cross a toll plaza.
- Furthermore, users of FASTag receive a 2.5% cashback on the transactions made.
FASTag Apply Online Process NHAI
Since you have read about the basics of FASTags, we shall now tell you the process of application. Based on this, you can apply for FASTag if you are not using one already.
- Go to the offical website of any of the nationalised banks like SBI, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank who sell authorised FASTags.
- Once you are on the website of these banks, you have to look for the Get FASTag or Apply for FASTag option on the homepage.
- On visiting the link, you will have to enter your mobile number. Then, you receive an OTP that you have to submit on the website.
- In the next step, you will have to provide your details like name, address, email ID, vehicle types, registration number, etc.
- Also, in support of these details, you have to provide documents as well.
- In the next step, you have to submit the application on the website.
- As soon as you do so, you are taken to the payment page.
- You now pay the basic fee as per the government and with submission of the fee, you complete your registration.
- You can also save the file for future references.
- Also, once the bank verifies everything, it delivers the FASTag at your address.
NHAI FASTag Required Documents and Other Details
So far, you have read about the application process and some specific details. Now, we shall tell you the documents that you require to apply for FASTags. These documents are:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- KYC Documents- ID, Address Proof, PAN Card, Driving License, or Passport.
- Passport size photograph of the owner of the vehicle
- One recieves an application form that he has to fill in and submit.
- Also, all the necessary documents have to be in the name of the owner of the vehicle.
In addition to this, you should know that one can apply for FASTags offline as well. Above, we have given you the online process, however, to apply offline, you have to visit the Point of Sale, i.e. the toll plazas/ bank branches nearby.
Furthermore, for the application process, one has to pay Rs. 100 Reisuance fee and Rs. 200 Refundable Security.
You can easily recharge the Fastag as well. This can be done by visiting the website portal and logging in. Then, by going to the Recharge Account, you can pay online.
Links Related to NHAI Fastags Online Application Process
FASTag Online Application Process NHAI Guidelines 2021 FAQs
Yes, one can apply for FASTag through Paytm payments applications.
Yes, to apply for Fastags offline by visiting the Toll Plazas and nearest Bank Branches.
Yes, the government has made the use of FASTags mandatory from 15th February 2021.